Please email us if you do not find your question/answer here
Where is your resort located?
We have a few locations, depending on which cabin/cottage/house you will be staying in:
- Cabins 1-11: Located at 1001 Taylor Road, Minden Hills, Ontario.
- Cottages 41 and 43: Located at 1034 Taylor Road, Minden Hills, Ontario.
- The House: Located at 14373 Hwy 35, Minden Hills, Ontario.
What are your resort rules, reservation and cancellation policies?
Click here to read our resort rules, reservation and cancellation policies.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept most major credit and debit cards. We also support the use of Apply Pay and Google Pay wallets.
When are you open for the season?
Our regular cabin rental season runs from May 1 to October 30.
Our regular house and cottage rental season runs all year round. Low season is November 1 - April 30. High season is May 1 - October 31.
Is there a minimum number of nights when booking & when can I book?
Please contact us if you are looking to book for less than the minimum number of nights for any accomodation below:
- HOUSE: Bookable all year round. 2 night minimum stay.
- COTTAGE 41 and 43: Bookable all year round. 2 night minimum stay.
- CABINS 1-11: Bookable from May 1 - October 31. Minimum 2 night stay. Check-in is Friday for a weekend booking.
Do you have a beach?
Yes. Twin Lakes Resort offers a sandy private beach area for our guests to enjoy. The shallow entry makes it comfortable and easy to walk into the lake. As you walk out, the lake gradually gets deeper.
Do you have any common guest areas at the resort?
Yes. We have a large dock measuring 50' x 40' right at the beach with pinic tables to enjoy the view. We have a secondary dock measuring 10' x 20' as well for another great area to relax.
What should I bring?
- Drinking water: The cabin is on a septic system and a purified lake water system. If you have any concerns, please bring drinking water with you.
- Linens (Bedroom, Bathroom and Kitchen): You need to bring pillows, sheets, pillowcases, sleeping bags, towels, and kitchen linens. A coverlet will be provided on each bed. We can provide sheets, towels, pillows and toiletries for an additional cost.
- Personal items: Hand soap, shampoo and all other personal hygiene items.
- Personal Floatation Devices (PDF): If you are planning on going out on the water, every person must have a properly fitted PDF, that you must bring with you.
- Toilet paper, Kleenex and Paper Towels: There may be some of these items at the Cottage to get you started however, you should not count on it and have a supply with you when you arrive.
- Firewood: We sell firewood on site. Do not transport wood into the area as you may infect this area with tree diseases found in Southern Ontario. Fire regulations are controlled by each municipality.
- Ice: We sell bags of ice on site.
- Flashlights: Cottage country is much different from the city when it comes to power outages. Hydro One personnel are quick to respond to issues however if we have severe weather that causes an outage these outages can be lengthy. You should have a flashlight so you can see in the dark when outside the Cottage.
- Sun Tan Lotion and bug repellant are always handy in Cottage Country!
Do you allow pets?
Yes. We are a pet friendly environment and permit up to 3 pets per stay in certain cabins. Our fee for your pets stay will be as follows: $100.00 with and a deposit fee of $200.00 for each pet for any damages caused by your pets. We ask that your pets remains on its leash at all times. It is the sole responsibility of the pet owner to care and clean up after their pets.
Which cabins allow pets?
The following accomodations allow pets: House, Cottage 41, Cottage 43, Cabins 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Do you require a security deposit for renting a cabin?
Yes. Twin Lakes Resort holds a $250.00 security deposit for each cabin booked for any damages that may occur during your stay. This deposit will be fully refunded once the unit is inspected and clear of any damages after you check out.
What is your Check-In and Check-Out Times?
Check-In time is 4:00 pm. Check-Out time is 10:00 am.
Do you have cots for rent for additional sleeping space?
Yes. Adults cots are $50.00 per stay and children cots are $20.00 per stay.
Do you have water equipment for rent at the resort?
Yes. We have a 2 person paddle boat, Stand up paddle boards and a 15 ft aluminum boat for rent. Life jackets are included in your rental. If you would like to rent our life jackets without renting our equipment, there is a $5.00 per day charge. Please visit our Activities page to learn more.
Do you have RV or Boat Storage?
Yes. We have an outdoor storage facility to house all of your needs. From commercial needs to recreational - Equipment, Boats, RV's, Fleet, Cars, Trucks, ATV, and more. Please visit our storage website here: https://www.twinlakesstorage.ca/